Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 3, 2014

Half of Tanner\
New vs Old shoe - Look at the wear and tear on those puppies!
 



My foot after 4 weeks of walking in Perth! 
 
 
I'll spare the suspense, I'm staying in Perth, which I'm very pleased about. I'm grateful to be staying, I'm actually loving this area and will likely now stay for some good time, potentially 4.5 to 6 months. 
 
I'm doing good at the moment, ,like you said the relationships I'm building with the members here are great, its a great branch.  We actually get fed a lot, and since they are closing down the other team this moves I'm going to have a lot more to do.  We will be inheriting all of their work, including less active progress, investigars and all of their teaching pool, their area book and all the responsibilities therein, and other miscellaneous work they were involved in, such as serving and classes.  I will need to tailor some of it to fit, but it will surely be busy.    On the 15th we are baptizing an investigator named Sandra, she was found by the other team but they won't be here to finish the work they started.  We are trying to get better numbers with member presence lessons, and to find new investigators, its been slow but we have managed to find a few new people.  On top of teaching Aimee, we are working with Willie and Golio, and have potential friends such as David, Derek and a few others.  I want to let you know that I definitely am being guided by the spirit, I feel it in my everyday conversations with people that the Lord knows whats going on here in Perth and sees us working.
 
I'm loving my mission Dad, the fondness and experience I always heard you say when you spoke about your mission is some thing Im beginning to recognize as I reach my year mark. Its a great time, Im thinking here and there about my plans back home.  I will study, either along side of after obtaining a business degree, constitutional law/American history. Not a better subject, in asking the Lord what my route should be after getting home, the clear answer has been that I should not ask until after I complete my mission, and Im sure I wont be receiving any guidance on the matter until Im released, which makes sense. My Blessing says that the Lord will carefully guide me throughout my life, so I'm not worried, just anxious because it crosses my mind often.
 
I love you all, keep up the family prayer and scripture study even though, I know the kids fall asleep during it, but it is still good.
Elder Merrill


No comments:

Post a Comment