Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

November 17, 2014


Hey Mom,

They are champions, it was a great baptism and I was so happy to be there and to be a part of it.  I baptized Jordan; the other is James, obviously very identical twins. I'll send pics of the baptism; you don't see many of those. They do everything together, literally.

You will get my letter soon; I am writing Dads and will send it this week.  I am insanely busy and frankly a bit stressed today, too much is going on and schedule conflicts have kept me on my toes.  Speaking of toes, yes we do walk everywhere.  We take buses a few times a day as well, and occasionally get rides from members. Elder Oldham is great, doing well.  We are teaching fine together and get along just great.  We both like a lot of the same things and he is a good humble and talented person. 

Today, a member is taking us to St. Andrews for a visit and in two weeks’ time we will go golfing there with him.  He is a member at the course and golfs there 4-5 times a week.  Next week, on Monday, were golfing at Piperdam, a nice country club near but outside Dundee.  I think when the members here found out we both liked golfed, they all jumped on the gun and we have actually managed to develop some great friendships through our "mutual interests".  Elder Oldham plays golf, and I'm really good at pretending I know what I'm talking about.

I'll send pictures.  Thanks for the photos of you guys golfing.  It’s a beautiful area of the world we live in, and you guys look great and happy. 

Well I love you, have a great day, I love you.  Thanks for the email and the update. I hope I stay in Liff for Christmas, I would hate to be sent off to some unknown land, I know we'd be well taken care of here.  The ward here loves the missionaries.

I love you!
Elder Merrill

 

To his little brother:

Hey pal,

It was good to see photos of you and Dad golfing.  You both are studs and look like pros.  You are a champion Evan, I'm proud to be your brother.  You are a very good and strong person and are a force for much good.  Just do everything you can to stay on God's side.  When it comes to "war" between good and evil, it rages on every day, all around us.  As we already know, good will eventually avail and win the fight, so it’s not about which side will win, it’s about which jersey you are wearing when the game is over.  Wear the jersey of righteousness and goodness, the jersey of God.  Do what you know you should do, and touch not the evil thing.  I love you Evan, I'm so excited to see how much you will do in this world.   Love God, I know this church is true and nothing else in the whole world will ever make you as happy.  Nothing else, I've tried a few of those other things that seem like they bring happiness, they certainly don't.  Keep going strong Evan, I'm glad you’re having fun and doing well.  Again I'm proud of you, enjoy Sundance when that day comes, I'm a little jealous of you but one day you'll be on a mission and I'll be sending you pictures of me skiing so it’s all fair. 

Love you brother, keep your head low,

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment