Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Friday, May 2, 2014

April 27, 2014

 Hello Family, 

I can’t believe it’s nearly been another 6 months.  It will be the same time as last, 5 to 7. As close to 5 as possible. Can’t wait to see you then. Happy Anniversary! 23 years strong, I plan on being there for the next one and the 60th one too.

Glad to hear Austin came home safe and strong (ha-ha strong). He was always a superior human being, just a good and very capable person. Good for him.  

Okay, news for the week. We met again with our friend, …….. He let us in his home, which was still ransacked and filthy.  He had read the Plan of Salvation booklet we had given him, and asked about the section written on the Celestial Kingdom.  He read it aloud to us, slowing down at the last few words, "and receive a fullness of joy", and shed a tear while reading it. We explained to him briefly about the kingdoms of glory, but made it around to teaching him about the principle of repentance. As we explained this doctrine to him as written in the Gospel booklets, the spirit manifested our words as truth, and I watched a battle hardened man break down and cry.  It was quite a sobering experience, but we bore witness that his burden could be lifted and his guilt swept away because of Jesus Christ. His desire was obvious, and though there is a long way to go, he is willing to change his life. It was a great experience, and I learned so much from speaking with this man.  War, drugs and crime have reduced this strong capable man, and he told us he knows the route he is currently on will kill him. He didn't make it to church, but the future holds greater things for him if he acts now and follows the Gospel teachings. Through Jesus Christ comes the waters of everlasting life and if ……. isn't in need of the Atonement at this time in his life then no man is. I feel blessed to have met him.
Prayers in his behalf would be most appreciated.

I love my little brother. Prayers answered. I told Elder Rongomatane Dylan Jason Compain-Shaw about Evan's dream, which sounds great, he says if Evan serves in New Zealand that he will look out and take care of him, and feed him ice cream from a place called Pokeno. I’m proud of his words about his friends, and it makes me happy and feel blessed that I’ve had a good enough effect on him for him to say that. He is simply a man in a 14 year old body that really really wants to be in a 35 year old professional rugby player’s body.

I’m glad to hear you got the card, and that you liked it. I thought it was perfect. Sister Johnstone, the maker of such an art piece, is one of my favorite members.  The Johnstones are so great to be around; her husband was just called as second councilor in the branch presidency. Great people, they take care of us. 

We also had Zone Development yesterday in Dundee.  It was a blast, we played capture the flag, dodge ball and other similar games.  I ran and ran and sprinted.  The competition was so fun, and surprisingly I’m still blazin fast. As usual, please have a wonderful week.  I love you all!

Your son,
Elder Merrill
PS I bought plums this week, remember grandmas? Yes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment