Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 14, 2013

Mom,
I’ve decided to do the next District Training session on Healthy Eating and how a healthy body and mind can help us to have the spirit with us.  It’s a very unique and interesting way of training a district, but it’s going to be great.  The last few I did were on, helping investigators to keep commitments, planning and setting goals according to the spirit, and asking effective questions in lessons.  My training sessions are about 60 to 90 minutes long.  It has been a very good experience.   I’m going to finish off this training with sandwich making, they will never forget it ha-ha.

Dad, I appreciate your comment about members and relating their conversion to the oil in their lamps.  While members, it’s true, must find the truth themselves and are responsible for their own salvation.  It is this truth that convinces us of the blessing of families.  Parents give us wisdom from experience, and guidance to even the odds against the world.  I have certainly realized this blessing at what it means to me since I’ve been out on my mission.  The foundation of my faith was not built by my own efforts, but from mom’s example and yours.  So thank you, all the hard work and obedience pays off hopefully, with a son who wants to do exactly as you have.  I love the book of Mormon; I used to politely snicker at people who would say it was their favorite book.  I understood it was important but how it could possibly be someone’s favorite story was beyond my comprehension.  It wasn't until I made my way, slowly and by the spirit from 1 Nephi to helamen that I found out for myself how great of a history it actually is.  I do not know what I would do without it. 


It’s been a good, yet trying week.  Lots of work with comparatively little success, but I’m not getting down.  It takes more than a speed bump to slow this race car down.  Speaking of speed bumps, my car is dead.  It was surprisingly easy to accept, that is after I threw myself backward over my chair weeping and wailing and crying.  But I’m fine, leaving a BMW in the hands of any 16 year old, no matter how skilled, is like finding out a dear one is diagnosed with cancer... it was only a matter of time.  I’m just happy that Sydnee was not injured or anyone else for that matter. 

Miss you and love you all!

Elder Merrill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment