Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Top of the Mornin to you Lad!


November 18, 2013

 
Dear Family,

Well I miss you and I love you, it’s been a harder week and we lost all of our investigators early in the week so our efforts are now focused on building a teaching pool up again. Which means tracting and street contacting, the least effective use of time in the world. But oh well. The ward here is very supportive and there were nearly 150 people at church last week.

 So last Thursday, my companion and I were chapping the door of a potential investigator in Lucan, a man answered the door, who wasn’t the person we were looking for, but we began teaching him anyway. After a couple minutes, it was clear that he wasn’t interested, so I asked him if there was anyone he knew who would be interested that we could go by, he began to say no to that as well, but then he straight up fell backward, passing out and collapsing on the floor. As he hit the ground, I said "oh dear he's narcoleptic". We waited for a sec, and then he quickly stood back up, and began talking to us like nothing happened. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was tired and closed the door. Me and my comp burst out in laughter as we walked away, we still have no idea what happened. We joked that he was struck down by the spirit because he denied us. Could be....

Interesting week, it was very cold and I got sick for the first time in my mission, with a strong cold and chest pain, I stayed out and worked anyway and I’m pretty much better now. The cold soft gel pills you gave me saved me at night though.

I love being a missionary, and especially getting lots of time to study the scriptures and feel the spirit, I love the scriptures and as I seek revelation or confirmation concerning the teachings in them I’ve become very familiar with the doctrine of the church. I think I’ve lost my patriarchal blessing, I can’t find it. That worries me, but my goal at this time is to build a relationship with Jesus Christ, as is told to me in my blessing, so I could use the blessing for direction. I’ll keep looking; I feel the sprit work through me every day which is really what keeps me from feeling down when we are having little success at this time.

Have a great week, thanks for everything I miss you loads, Happy Thanksgiving whenever it is this month,

PS… today, a man said “Top of the mornin lad” to me, it was a dream come true.


Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment