Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Friday, January 10, 2014

January 6, 2014


It was a decent week the work is slow but we've been having fun. I know your dying for photos, I’m dying to send some, it’s just been weird trying to send them and I haven't been able to.  I will as soon as I can.
……. and his wife came to church yesterday and enjoyed the meeting as well as Gospel Principles.  I gave the lesson on Sacrifice and how it prepares us to live in God's presence. During the lesson he asked the question, "what kind of sacrifices do I need to make to get close to God?" We had a great discussion, he is progressing but it can be difficult to teach without a Christian background.

…… is MIA, haven't been able to contact him. We are working with a guy and his family from Ghana, named ………..  Who is doing nicely, slowly moving along.  He will hopefully be praying about the Book of Mormon this week, he could use a prayer. Good guy, and if we get him we get his family.  We have already invited him to be baptized, and he said yes, but he wants to have his testimony first.

 We just started the JFS manual as well, it’s a good one, and I do plenty of lessons out of that manual, its good preparation for whatever it is I’m supposed to do when I get home.

We’re helping the Clondalkin Ward to become much more missionary minded, and the stake has come up with a goal of 2014 lessons with a member present in 2014.  So things are happening, the missionary mindset has improved greatly since I’ve arrived here.  Were just doing a lot of home visits with members, and teaching on member missionary work in church, always using prophetic quotes.  The bretheren want members to be active in missionary work.  I feel like this is a big part of my job here in Dublin.

It’s difficult to find, teach and baptize. I’m working for it. If it never happened, I wouldn’t be too bothered, if I felt like I did what I could. We shall see..... I hope I get to see at least one. I have that vision, but it’s not my will I’m working for so I’ll just keep waking up and walking out that door.  What else can we do? It’s a rough part of the world, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  The Lord knew I’d be upset if he sent me somewhere easy. People like you and I need rough days and low success, it’s the challenge we crave.  Hey, like the SEALs say, the only easy day was yesterday.  That’s life, right? Hooyah.

Thanks for your confidence and for the prayers. Love you,

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment