Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 16, 2013


Sydnee,

Thank you for your wonderful email. It’s warming to the soul, to know I have a good and loving sister back home. Such a blessing you are to my life, you’ll never know what that means to me.
I miss you as well Syd, yes it is crazy that I’m almost halfway home. Wild.
 
The mission is going well, were getting a lot done and I’m loving it.  It is however very cold and that sucks. I have 6 layers on and I am still cold and wet.

Sydnee, I can truly say that I am proud of the person that you are becoming.  You’re a good person, and are beginning to have the eternal perspective on things. As you follow the counsel of the Lord, you will become wise and happy.  Remember, Joseph Smith was uneducated, but after finding God and restoring the Gospel, was able to know all things, and became very wise. I’m so so excited to see how you progress and who you become.  I can’t wait to go to the Temple with you some day. That can be our goal, looking forward to it.

Thank you for all of your encouraging words, I know that God loves me and I can feel His love through YOU. You may not know it, but God is using you to encourage and motivate me.  So thank you. You’re amazing and I can’t wait to see you again. I’m trying hard to be obedient and diligent and to represent the Savior correctly. Your email means so much to me, thanks for putting time into it to make my day. I love you and I miss you loads! 

I can feel the Lord pushing me forward and helping me to get through the trials and challenges I face, I know He is there and is actively engaged in providing for me and my life.

Have a great week, keep loving everyone.  Your amazing sis,
Your brother,
Elder Merrill

Dear Family,
Didn’t get an Email from you guys, my parents this week, something must be amuck with the system,
But I thought I’d say thank you so much for the package. I know you put lots of effort and love into it.  And the contents were perfect; the gloves are perfect as well and are keeping me warm.  I’m still eating everything but seriously thanks, it was great to have it.  I love you guys and miss you every day.
It’s been a great week, and I don’t have much time to email today, so I think I’ll get more time during the week. I’ll send pics as well.

So Skype on Christmas day, for you guys it should be around 10-11 am, around 5 pm for me here in Ireland. I’m happy, its cold but I’m staying warm. Elder Winn is from Nephi Utah; he rides bulls and is a good man. We are working on lots of things together and always improving as missionaries. I’m excited for the next moves, should be great.

One of our investigators, ………, is an Indian man from Bangladesh, he is Hindu, but after lots of teaching and a priesthood blessing this week, he has accepted Christ as his savior and is working towards baptism.  We are also teaching a few Nigerians.  One guy named …….. has just started coming to church with us and we are going to start teaching his family soon, should be great, I teach Gospel Principles almost every week, and ……. always has great input and the spirit is strong.  He wants the priesthood! So does ……. honestly.

Sorry again that it’s short today, I love you all and miss you so much.  Thanks for all the support and love you give to me, I hope you’re having a great week and that life is great for you and that you’re feeling the Lords blessings during this season in business and family affairs.  I’ll send pics on Wednesday probably; Happy Christmas and I’ll talk to you next week!

Tell me if there are any concerns for Skype.

Love you both mom and dad,

Elder Merrill

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment