Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

March 17, 2014


Dear mom,

Saturday went fantastic, it was a great experience baptizing Sandra and I can tell you that your prayers were definitely evident. Her faith and strength is amazing, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity I had to participate. Elder Arvig confirmed her on Sunday and she is now an active member of the Church. I’m really getting close with the members here, they are some really good people and I have enjoyed serving in Perth immensely since I’ve been here.

Oh by the way, Elder Arvig made pie last week, and guess what? We took like half of it to people, I’m sick of this my wife will never give anything away. Ha-ha it’s the frustration of my life when people are all giving my snacks away.

I do miss the temple, I’m happy to hear you and Dad are still going when you can. It’s only been since I’ve been out that I’ve learned about the temple, and what it means and the significance of it all. It will be one of the first things I do when I get home in a years’ time.

Keep it up; you’re doing an amazing work!

We ate dinner at Eleanors, a member in the branch, last night. We had two starters, mussels and bean salad, and then sweet corn chowder (a lot of it) then LOADS of pork chicken and potatoes and then two deserts, meringue and trifle. I was sick because of how full I was, the food was dang good but way too much for even my body to handle.

I’m really not sure what details to put, today were climbing kinnoul hill (google it) if the weather stays nice, which it has been lately. After the baptism, I spoke with Aimee and asked her how she feels about baptism; she said she wasn't planning on doing it, YET.  The yet part is an improvement.  She comes to church every week, and to FHE which is at Eleanor's the night, just having a hard time deciding on baptism, were working on it though, the Lord knows what she needs.

I love you mom, thanks for all that you do, I am proud to be your son. I know this is the work of Jesus Christ and that I’ve been sent here to Perth by the inspiration of God through the Holy Ghost, and through the Holy Ghost he leads this work.

I love you to the moon and back,

Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment