Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

March 31, 2014

Hello Family,

Man that wedding/mission reunion sounds fun, I’m visualizing meeting some of my mission buddies in 20 years or so, we would have a great time. Sounds like a blast.

I’m doing well.  Perth is likely my favorite area, the members are wonderful, we are fed a lot, the work is successful and the city itself is simply a nice place to be. Oh and the flat is nice as well. I’m happy and healthy, except for some knee cap problems, which I’m working on. 

Well, last Thursday was my one year mark.  That's halfway done, halfway to go. So interesting, I’ve taken some time to reflect on who I’ve become and the ways I’ve changed in the last 12 months and also envisioned who I will potentially be after the next 12 months. The amount of learning and change is very rapid, anything could happen. All I’m sure of is that I’m extremely thankful for every bit of change I’ve experienced.  Somewhere in Nephi 19 or 20, God said through Isaiah, "I have sent thee into the refiner’s fire; I have chosen thee in thine affliction".  In other words God is a refiner and we are being refined, and as you know, during these two years, the fire is very hot. I’m grateful for the heat, and that I can take it.

Sometimes I pray for the heat to increase, so that I can become more and more like the Man who set the perfect example all those years ago. Life doesn't come in a manual, but it comes with parents kind and dear. So thanks for being just that, plus wise and patient. I love you and miss you all, but this short time is almost over.  According to Earths reckoning, 2 years seems long.  According to Heavens reckoning, a two year mission takes place over a period of time less than half a minute.

One year down! It’s been an amazing and substantial 12 months.  I love you all, thank you for all your support and prayers. Pressing forward to the next year of work in the service of God. Couldn't be happier, they say the second year goes much quicker, here we go.

Thanks for the prayers
Have a great week,
Elder Merrill


Tracking along the Tay

The Tay (longest river in UK)

Perth

No comments:

Post a Comment