Correspondence

To correspond with Elder Merrill you can email him at tanner.merrill@myldsmail.net he may not be able to email you back but he can write to you and he loves the letters.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My first Investigator - A Retired Navy Seal!


 
4-6-13
Mom,
Happy Birthday!  I love you.
I hope everyone is doing great.  I am!  Some days are more difficult than others, but altogether it’s a fun time.  My perception of life falls further from where it used to be every day, and closer to what God wants it to be.  I feel the spirit guide my words and thoughts, and it’s been a great experience.  I had a real legit investigator!  You won’t believe what happened.  My first investigator was a retired Navy Seal!  We had an awesome 50 minute lesson about the Restoration and eventually committed him to read the B.O.M. and pray about it.  He actually prayed for us.  At first he was uncomfortable doing so, and said no to praying, but we gave him some spiritual motivation and he did.  It was a cool lesson.  Anyway, the spirit will reside in he that is humble, and acknowledge God in everything.  So I’m working towards that. 

Dad,
Thanks for writing, it’s awesome to hear from you especially.  I’ve been using the gym quite a bit, lots of basketball(speed) and rowing.  Get the kids to think of questions they may have about faith or anything else to take into conference.  Revelation often comes better to those searching for something.

Evan,
Hey buddy.  The MTC is going good.  It’s very spiritual and I get to feel close to god all day every day, which has been a very changing experience.  I miss you man, keep working hard in school and keep it up.  Be a good example to everyone in your life.  Make decisions you know would make me, and God, proud.  I know you will.
 
Syd,
It’s good to hear your dating guys worthy to date you.  Keep that up always, and be careful.  I’m doing great but the bed is hurting my back, the food is radioactive, and I’m studying 12 hours a day sometimes.  But overall, I’m happy.  I miss you and I’m sad I won’t be able to watch you in this time of your life when you’ll grow so much and become who you will be for the rest of your life.  Keep that smile on your face.  It’s so contagious and I miss seeing it!

I’m so excited to go to Scotland.  Or Ireland.  I love you all and I miss my family everday.

Goodnight.

Elder Morning  (oops I’m tired sorry)  Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment